[Temp Check] Staking Gathering At Devconnect Istanbul - Participation and/or Funding

Hi everyone,

There is a mini staking conference before DevConnect that EthStaker is putting on and I suggest Blockswap participates in this conference.

https://ethstaker.cc/staking-gathering-2023

With top-tier speakers already lined up, it would be great to see Blockswap represented in one or multiple ways. Here are two ideas for how Blockswap could participate and fund the participation through a grant or out of the current event budget.

1. Matt, Vincent, Marco, or Derek [top leadership] - provide a talk that’s relevant related to new/current products.
  2. A community member - provides a talk on Bribes and/or how the Stakehouse’s ecosystem fits into the broader Blockswap ecosystem.

What do others in the community think?

Should we participate in this event and if so how?

Cheers,

Kent

1 Like

if it is possible to get them there, definitely yes! :laughing:

1 Like

Hi all,

With feedback from the community, I’ve heard interest in a virtual staking event for those who cannot attend the Staking Summit in person in Istanbul.

This is a request now for Blockswap to sponsor a virtual staking event around the ethStaker Staking Summit.

I suggest we loop in a virtual events guru like Dystopia Labs and/or crypto events experts Untraceable, I’m just not sure of their costs. If this is run by Blockswap community members, the cost would be less with a tradeoff in the quality of the experience.

I just reached out to Dystopia Labs asking for info on a $2-4K event budget. What is a realistic budget the Blockswap community could fund for a virtual event?

This is a big question to get answered for the planning of a virtual event around the staking summit. Cheers.